Re: Tesla Coil Dream

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

 > >Talk about really weird dreams.
 > >
 > >I had this dream last night where I'm running my 10 inch coil in my
 > >backyard.
 >
 > Whoa! I wonder at what point Tesla coiling stops being a fun and
 > educational hobby and turns into a dangerous obsession? Does anyone else
 > out there dream about Tesla coils? In fact, why do we even build the darn
 > things in the first place? What got you into coiling and what keeps you
 > building more and more coils? (This question is directed at anyone who
 > cares to answer, not just Dan McCauley.) Terry, if you consider this
 > off-topic, just nuke it.
 >
 > Steve C.

Good questions.  I tend to call it a disease.  A pretty serious disease.
Seems I spend lots of time building say a 10" coil.  I'll run it once, be
like, "That was pretty cool.", and then
i'm off to build a bigger one.  When does it stop, if ever???  Is there a
cure???

I do aspire to someday build a coil at least as large as the mighty BIGGG
coil.  But what then???  Will it stop, or will i still yearn for something
even larger???

Nikoli Tesla gradually transformed into a madman.  Was it his work that
influenced this transformation, or the genius within???

The Captain