Tesla Coil Dream

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

Talk about really weird dreams.

I had this dream last night where I'm running my 10 inch coil in my
backyard.  The dream was very vivid and actually
incorporated the carrying of all components from my backyard and setting up
the unit piece by piece.  Anyways, when it
came time to actually run it, really weird things were happening.  I
remember turning of my spark gap, and then turning up my variac voltage to
full power and giant sword-like streamers were shooting from the toroid.
But they were completely
silent.  All I could think of was, "Man, wait till the group heres this. You
really CAN have a tesla coil thats extremely
quiet."  I was in the middle of the demonstration, but the whole time i
couldn't wait to email the list and let them know of my awesome discovery.

Anyways, upon waking up, I did feel disapointed that it was only a dream,
but thought I'd share this bizarre tale anyway.

The Captain