Re: skin effect

Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Hi Terry and all,

Not a bad guess! Overall, humans have a bulk resistivity of about 400
ohm-cm, varying between about 150 ohm-cm for blood, 285 ohm-cm for parallel
muscle fiber, to 2500 ohm-cm for fat. So, using 400 ohm-cm, skin depth at
200 kHz would be about 89 inches or about 2.3 meters. Unless you're large
enough to merit your own zip code, skin effect is pretty much nonexistent
for people and Tesla Coils.

-- Bert --
--
Unique Offerings - Scarce Technical Books, Coins Crushed by
Ultrastrong Magnetic Fields, and Captured Lightning Bolts!