Re: OLTC II- advice on tank cap

Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>

At 12:38 06/05/03 -0600, you wrote:

>Cornell Dubilier 942C10WlK  1uF  1000V  1000 Peak amps
>(each!)  1000V/uS  dV/dT  14.6Arms  Inductance is 37nH with a 0.005 ohm ESR.
>
>http://www.cornell-dubilier-dot-com/misc/h942.htm
>
>Richardson has 18 in stock for $3.81 each.  You pals here could get them for
>you if you can't get any over there ;-)

OK, I understand, I didn't realise you could get film/foil caps in such a
large capacitance. I think the ones in my current OLTC _Are_ full
metallized :( Those CDE caps look perfect so I'll see if I can get any. I'm
not too optimistic though, you seem to get mainly LCR and Arcotronics caps
here in the UK. They probably have something similar though.

Steve C.