Re: Suggestion on Power Supply?

Original poster: "Christoph Bohr by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <cb-at-luebke-lands.de>

Hi!

this thread really brought up new insight into the topic to me, but araised
one further question.

I'm using a 30nF tank cap with a 200BPS async rotary ( BTW for those who
remember, I just cant get that darn thing to sync....probably I removed too
much material from the rotor but works not too bad this way )

referring to that formula from richie burnetts homepage:
http://www.richieburnett.co.uk/rotary.html

P = 0.5 x BPS x C x Vē

Is it right that I can only get a power throughput of ca 450 Watt at 10KV
that way? Or am I messing up the units and it should be 4500Watt?

from the reading of my amp-meter it should be something like 450Watt.
My power supply should be able to deliver around 10 to 20 times more, but I
think with that cap and 200 BPS I can't put more power through the system.
Just wanted to be sure before messing around with my rotary......

I know my lack of math knowledge must really hurt, but please help me anyway
;-)

Thanks in advance.

Christoph