Re: Suggestion on Power Supply?

Jeremy,
        there is nothing about that pole pig that will prevent it from
delivering more than .3472A, if you put a low resistance or large capacitance
across its output it just puts out that much more current. The current (or
VA) rating is to avoid overheating it if you run it at that load for ever.
If you run it for a small time you can go over its rating, way over.

This is why people use ballast on the input side of a pig, to prevent from
over currenting it when the output is shorted - like when the sparkgap is
conducting if you connect your power accross the gap as is common.

This is in distinction to NSTs which contain magnetic shunts inside to
prevent over-currenting the output even if the output is a direct short
circuit.

-Pete Lawrence.