RE: Spark Gap Distances for Marx Generator

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

 > >Regarding spark gap distances for a marx generator, I am
 > seeing two schools
 > >of thought.  One school seems to make all
 > >spark gaps the same identical distance while another seems
 > to make the
 > >primary gap closer together than the other gaps.
 > >I so far have opted to space all my gaps identically.  With the 1Meg
 > >charging resistors between each capacitor, I figure there
 > will be enough
 > >voltage drop up the chain on each one to prevent another gap
 > other than
 > >primary spark gap to fire first.
 > >
 > >What are your experiences and thoughts?
 > >
 > >The Captain
 >
 > All the same, with a triggered gap at the bottom.

Thats how its going to be done eventually (i do have some triggered gaps
now), but initially, I'll be running
without one.

The Captain