Re: Adding Secondary High Voltage Mail List group ? ? ?

Original poster: "Karl Lindheimer by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <karl-at-coolbluesky-dot-com>

Hi Dan,

Interesting question.  I admire your contributions to the list, and your
dedication.  A GM HEI coil refers to a General Motors HEI (High Energy
Ignition) coil that started the capacitative discharge trend in automotive
ignition systems.  These distributors/coils could produce a fat blue spark
over an inch long from 12 VDC.  Since the eighties, these systems have been
standard equipment on GM vehicles.

By the way, I am still the winner in the category II mini coil contest.
Anyone game? http://www.laushaus-dot-com/tesla/minicoilcontest/karllindheimer.htm

Karl