Director Gap- Questions

Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>

Hi,

I remember a while ago someone posted information about a "Director"
magnetically triggered/quenched gap they were working on. They used a
custom-built nitrogen tube with an electromagnet. What I want to know:
Would an ordinary xenon flash tube (from a camera flash or strobe light)
mounted in an electromagnet work as a Director gap? Has anyone tried it, or
got any thoughts on the matter?

Yours,

Steve C.

http://www.scopeboy-dot-com/