Re: SSTC FET drive xfrmr

Original poster: "robert & june heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Sean: yes your coupeling could cause waveshape problems. Your use of
"zipcord" is not a good choice. In the same light the band width of your
coil is not good because your interwinding capacitance is high. With only 15
turns your base frenquency is probibly about 30 Mhz. I would recomend about
27 turns  of good wire best being bi filer wound, but not required. Even the
use of 2 strands of ribbon cable would be better than zip cord. Your circuit
requires low frequency pass and high frequency for wave shape. A good coil
should pass from 5 Mhz to 150 Mhz flat. Even that is not ideal on the low
end.
    Robert  H