Re: TDK UHV caps

Hi Zagarus,

I have used this bank (17nF 30kV) for many years with no problem at all.  I
am not sure if it is the "UHV" types or anything like that (I think mine
are the "4001" series??) but it does work fine and TDK makes fine door knob
caps.  Dan or Ken probably know much more about the "UHV" series?

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P3160008.jpg

I did have to space the end plates further apart with washers since the
plates were arcing across the edges.

In general, there are high loss door knob caps (cheap) that are made for
filtering basically DC.  And there are expensive ones made for transmitter
uses.  We want the latter...

Cheers,

         Terry