Re: HDPE vs Wood Primary Coil Supports

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

I would strongly recommend against using wood.  HDPE should be very easy to
work with, especially when only making straight cuts and grooves.
You can get 0.5" x 1.5" x long lengths of HDPE from www.mcmaster-dot-com for
only a few dollars per foot.  This makes excellent primary supports.  Just
mark your
groove points, drill say 1/4" holes (for 1/4" tubing), and then using a
scroll saw or bandsaw cut two lines into the drill hole you just made to
make a groove.
Very easy.

The Captain