Re: Marx Generator Capacitors

Marx Generators (unless you were planning on running real high rep rates)
are essentially a DC device.  The duty cycle is very, very low, so the only
effect of using "non RF" capacitors would be that the losses might reduce
the output of the generator slightly.

However, consider that a truly terrible capacitor with a loss of 1% will
result in a 1% reduction in the output "bang" energy of the Marx, hardly
noticeable. The same cap in a 1000 Watt TC would be unacceptable:  because
you'd be dissipating 10 Watts and the cap would certainly overheat.

A cap with a huge ESL might reduce the rise time of your marx pulse, but I
suspect that if you are cobbling together a Marx to play with, you're not
worried about the last nanosecond of rise time.