Oil-less Pig

Original poster: "Mike Tucknott by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <michael.tucknott-at-virgin-dot-net>

   Hi List

Well some bad news on the old pig front, it has sprung a leak, big one
(well big enough).
I drained the rest of the oil out this afternoon and Brian has taken the
shell away in order
to try and find out where it is leaking and to see if it is repairable.

What I want to know is, is it possible to run a pole pig WITHOUT the oil. I
know the oil
helps with the cooling but as tesla coil runs are short that should not be
a problem, but
what about the coil insulation ?????.

The pig is a 15kVA unit  230v AC input and 11.5kV AC output. There are a
few pics of the
coil in it new box on our web site (if that`s any help).

<http://freespace.virgin-dot-net/michael.tucknott/cutdown.htm>http://freespace.virgin-dot-net/michael.tucknott/cutdown.htm

So who has a pig without the oil and how long did it last.. ??

Cheers Mike Tucknott & Brian le Page