SUCCESS!!!!!!!!

Original poster: "Chris Roberts by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <quezacotl_14000000000000-at-yahoo-dot-com>

(This never appeared on the list so I'm sending it again. Hope it dosen't
appear twice)

Fourth light came around 2 nights ago, with it being the last time my
friend will get to see the coil run. (He left for 2 years today) The two
cap strings (the ones that had been continusly blowing up) were cut apart
and held as far apart as possible while being held above the ground with
plexiglass. Things were running well untill 70% power when the secondary
started developing racing sparks all around the secondary. We ran out of
space to raise the coil, (to decrease coupling) and ended up setting the
secondary on boards to raise it further. (you can tell we were getting
pretty desprate by then) We were extremely dissapointed when the 1080VA
coil only gave off 5 inch sparks, and were about to give up for the night.
As a last run, we decided to tune it in one turn. It's amazing what one
turn can accomplish. =D We got about 2 foot sparks from it in many diffrent
directions, AND NOTHING BLEW UP!!!!!!!!! =D&nb!
sp;I know 2 feet is horrible for 1080VA, (we should be able to get
somewhere around 50 inches according to max spark length equation =O ) but
I at least should now be able to tweak around with it. It also lets my
friend leave with the satifaction of knowing we were able to build
something that at least sparks in the right places! =D Thanks again Terry,
Chris, Trent, and everyone else that helped out with this! Now let's hook
up that pole pig...(joking, not ready for that yet)

-Chris

"The trouble is not that the world is full of fools, it's just that
lightning isn't distributed right." -Mark Twain

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein