Mini OLTC is working!

Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>

Hey Tesla dudes

I've been building a mini version of the OLTC originally made by Terry
Fritz. Mine has a 5.5" x 9" secondary and runs at 125 kHz. It uses two of
those IR IGBTs. I got it working today, it consumes about 45 watts at
110bps and produces a 5" arc to ground. I'm hoping to develop it to 400bps,
200 watts and 10" or more. There are pictures and scope traces on my
website, go to http://www.scopeboy-dot-com/tcintro.html and look in the 'Tesla
Three' section. I'm looking forward to hearing any comments or suggestions
from the OLTC folk.

Happy Coiling

Steve C.