SSTC Fres

Original poster: "Chris Swinson by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <exxos-at-cps-games.co.uk>

Hi all,

WIth my SSTC I have a resonante frequency of 107khz, which gives for example
4" arcs and draws 4amps.... Now if I run at 136khz it works exactly the same
though RF power seems to be less ( not good for lighting tubes ) but still
gives the same spark output. Now if I run at 98khz current draw goes down to
2amps and its hard to draw sparks but it works a lot better for lighting
tubes. Actually it seems to electrify anything metal anywhere near the coil
( I found that out after a few burns from my variac!).  I tried all other
frequencies and 98,107,136 are the ones which do odd things, 107 is of
course the correct coil frequency. Does anyone know why these freqencies
does this ?

cheers,
chris