Re: lightning, Xrays

Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <davep-at-quik-dot-com>

>The key word there might be "triggered". Question is, do X-rays occur
>if there is no metal present in the discharge path?

         Sure.

>All those man-made devices

         Man made _powered_ devices.

>that produce X-rays "in a vacuum" are firing energetic
>electrons at metal targets.
         Thats the most convenient, controllable, method.

         There are lots of  'industrial x-ray sources' that
         use radio isotopes, no power, no vacuum.  I believe
         X-Rays from hot plasmas (of which lighting is a case)
         have been described: it takes VERY high energies,
         and specific conditions.  I Suspect usual coiling,
         at least up to pole-pig levels, is too low.

--
         best
         dwp

...the net of a million lies...