RE: Differential voltage probes 3

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hey Terry,

I know very little about the technology that we use for measurements, but i
can already see how this simple probe will be well worth the $45 to put it
together!  Ok, so its super fast and clean, and can take up to what, 10kv?
Is it possible to go for 20 or 30kv ratings by seriesing more of these SMT
resistors?  How much bandwidth would you loose?  Im alreade getting sick of
my plain old probes, i want something that will be able to measure into the
kv without me blowing any more channels on my scope!  And wow, they put it
all in a singe 8(assuming from the diagram) pin chip?  Cant beat that,
though you better make sure your soldering skills are up to par before you
go and solder that one on.  $9 is a bit steep.

Ok, so excuse my ignorance, but how is this probe going to be packaged?
Will there be a little box tha plugs into the scope, and then a shielded
cable with your 2 tips?  Will this cable mud things up?

Well, it sounds cool!  When its all done in working, im sure at least a few
people would like to buy one.  I bet you could make a bunch of printed
boards that size for not too much money.  What do you think a final cost
may be?  $60?  i guess you need a box and some cable, the cost of the PCB.

I dont have to tell you to let us know how your first setup goes!

Steve Ward