RE: Contactor question

Original poster: "Christopher \"CajunCoiler\" Mayeux by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <cajuncoiler-at-cox-dot-net>

 > I may be off base, however some MOTOR STARTERS look like
 > CONTACTORS.  Some MOTOR STARTERS have built in overcurrent
 > protection...

For all intent and purposes, they are contactors, with the
exceptions of the overcurrent protection that you noted, plus
an extra set of contacts that is connected in parallel to
the start button, thus holding power to the coil after the
start button is pressed.  The stop button, which is in
series with the coil, terminates this action, and releases
the contactor.  Write me off-list, and I'll draw you a
diagram if you like. :)

(I knew learning industrial controls would come in handy one day)