Re: Un-potting NST?

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

On 20 Jun 2003, at 7:31, Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<Pomnept-at-aol-dot-com>

 > I am un-potting for the first time and just de-tarred an Allanson 15/60 NST.
 > How can I get the core apart?  I tried this with a France transformer and
 > badly mutilated the transformer in several ways.  (It was welded
together and
 > during cold-cutting I savagely destroyed the primary winding.)  Anyway, this
 > Allanson has bolts :)  but I'm having trouble pulling it apart.  Also my
 > wife is
 > reaching breaking point.
 > Any advice?
 >
 > Robert Hanford

No problem. I discovered a simple solution to the reluctant
spouse/parent syndrome over the weekend while watching the old
"Terminator" movies on TV (curtain raiser to the release of the
latest one). At one point during the movie I told my wife that I
would love to build a machine like a terminator and by the end of the
movie, she was practically begging me to build another TC instead.

Malcolm