TC-safety

Original poster: "Christoph Bohr by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <cb-at-luebke-lands.de>

Hello everybody.

After my first 7 month of coiling I always thought I did read a lot about
safety before I started and sofar everything worked out well without the
need of an amulance or even worse ;-)
Last week my former physics teacher joined me to have a look at my 5KVA
maggie ( only 4 feet output currently, I am 10 feet away ). The room is 10
feet X 30feet. Two day later he called me quite late in the evening and
said that everything I was doing was way to dangerous for two reasons:

1.: My MOT under oil could produce dioxine for any reason.....? why should
it? Is stays cold and there is now arcing under the oil... am I wrong?

2.: I have to do my coiling indoors and the room has carpet on the floor.
during summer the humidity can get pretty high ( not really tropical ). He
said that streamers could travel through the carpet to the walls of the
room and by that current would flow through my body....

I tried to prove each of those statements but was not able to prove
one.....Was I only lucky until now?

I would really like to hear from your experiences ...... I am really
confused and afraid.

Thanks

Christoph