DRSSTC -- EMI scope problems

Original poster: "jimmy hynes by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <chunkyboy86-at-yahoo-dot-com>

My DRSSTC is working at low voltage now, but I do not want to crank up the
voltage without making some measurements. Here is a picture of my setup
<http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/chunkyboy86/spoolthing.jpg>www.hot-streamer-dot-com/chunkyboy86/spoolthing.jpg.
The magnetic field from the primary is freakin' out the scope when the
supply voltage is only 20 volts!
<http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/chunkyboy86/messedupscope.jpg>www.hot-streamer-dot-com/chunkyboy86/messedupscope.jpg.
The noise on the scope doesn't change when I change the voltage dial
thingy. The probes aren't long enough to move the scope, but when I turn
the scope on its side, it gets better. The way it is now, I can attach some
probes to the scope without noise, but when I touch the scope ground to the
micro's ground, I get more noise!

Is there any way to make good measurements with the 60khz magnetic field,
or do I just have to hope it doesn't blow up?

Jimmy