Impulse Tesla Coil...

Original poster: "Bunnykiller by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bunikllr-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

Hi All...

went to a friends house the other day and he had an old defibulator that he
had hooked up a 3 turn coil to to do some can crushing...

any way he had an old secondary sitting on the shelf  and  HEY what happens
if you place the 3 turn primary at the base of a 1200 turn secondary   (
mind you now the voltage in the defibulator discharge is approx 7000 VDC -at-
400J -at- max setting)

first off we placed the 2 ends of the secondary wires to within 3/4 " of
each other and fired off the defibulator....  nice spark between the
wires.  We moved the wires a bit further apart and tried it again... once
more  nice spark with a quite a bit more noise..

ONE MORE TIME  :)    charged ready fire...  oooops  there goes the hi volt
contact...  very nasty,  smoke, sulphur smell ( hmmm sulphur hexa-floride??
) all the surrounding aluminum in the vacinity of the excaping gas had
turned purple... any of you chemistry guys know why it turned purple???

well any way we didnt get a chance to test with a toroid...   hopefully we
can find a replacement switch and try it ...

Scot D