Re: Bundt Pans and Toroid Construction

Original poster: "Peter Komen by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <pkomen-at-zianet-dot-com>

Hi Rick,

I just bought a couple trash cans at Sam's Club.  I've attached pics, if
Terry can find a place for them.  Anyhow, the top of the can is stainless
steel, shaped about like half a toroid.  Dimensions:14.5 inches diameter,
3.5 inches high (for one), and an 8.25 inch diameter hole in the center.
Price for one at Sam's was about $34.  Double it and add a little for
materials for a center piece and it's a pretty good and cheaper toroid.

The trash cans still work without the stainless top.

In the pic of the whole trash can the top is just sitting on top.  It isn't
snapped onto the top plastic ring as it came from the box.  Those are 8 inch
tiles in the pics.  The tape measure is about 3.25 inches on a side and the
tape is extended about 16 inches.  The trash can holds a tall kitchen
garbage bag.

I'm sure this will work.  I haven't had time to finish it yet.

Regards,

Pete Komen

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/trashcan.JPG

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/trashcan_top1.JPG