RE: Counterpoise and MMC demise

Original poster: "J Dow by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jdowphotography-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hey Chris

Well…
once I used a bead frame, black-smithed out of  1.5” steel round bar stock
by a friend (Matt Stone) an artist at Mass-Art like my self. The coil (4”
by 36” 24awg 1750 turns)
was set in the center and the sec coil ground was wired to it. The coil
preformed really really well. As well as with the true ground …. And no
change in tuning.

Another time I use a long, all steel, table made for the welding students.
The top was 16tf long buy 4ft wide.  The coil was as good as can be and the
tuning was the same as always.

The most resent time was at a party in an old distillery that was turned
into artist living in Boston. I setup on a steel stairway the stairway was
ahh… big… about the size of 2 floors of a fire escape. The coil
Ripped    It     Up! And the party was cool too.

And to Gary. I made a bad mistake 1 year ago on the 4th of July. I  ran the
coil without connecting the sec coil to ground. The coil ran but was
shotty. And later I saw a nasty black burn on the inside of the coil that
went nearly the length of  the 36” coil. Darn! But I fixed it.

Read you later
Josh