RE: Counterpoise and MMC demise

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

I can't imagine any effect on what happens to a capacitor by changing the
nature of the RF ground.  I'm sure it was something else.

A 6kV NST is a fairly low voltage.  How many static gaps in series, and how
wide each, were you using?  Could the gap just have been set too wide?

I'm not familiar with the Arcotronics caps, but Wima FKP-1's are certainly
MMC-worthy.

Gary Lau
MA, USA