Spark pics and such...

Original poster: "Chris Roberts by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <quezacotl_14000000000000-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi everyone!
I finally got some pictures of my 6 inch coil throwing some sparks. The
coil is only running off of 1080 VA and I still have to work on a couple of
things so the sparks don't look that impressive, but at least I have a
couple of photos. Best sparks here are about 34 inches.
The first one here is of the coil itself,
<http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P6050008.JPG>http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P6050008.JPG
you can easily see the NST and spark gap in the front, with the caps in the
back. You can also clearly make out the way I wound the primary using those
coax cable holders.

Here is a photo of a relatively long exposure, probably around 8 seconds. I
am using a long wire as a breakout point.
<http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P6050001.JPG>http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P6050001.JPG

And one last photo, this one is about 4 seconds. The light wasn't as good
on this one, but it still works. Again with the breakout point.
<http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P6050005.JPG>http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P6050005.JPG

I wish I could leave this as a happy ending but unfortunately while taking
these photos the coil started acting very strange. It now makes a strange
hissing sound and I can only get small sparks about half as big as they
should off of the top. So I think either the cap or the NST is dead. Oh
well, at least it ran for a little while right? =/

-Chris