RE: Statistics & spark length and Air Pressure

In general, down to, say, a few torr, the breakdown field will be
proportional to density.  Pressure and temperature both affect density
(those of you familiar with "density altitude" and taking off in a small
plane on a hot day understand this...)

A rough rule of thumb is that the pressure is halved for every 18,000 ft
elevation.

Humidity has an (small) effect for two reasons: Water Vapor has a higher
breakdown strength than Nitrogen; Water Vapor is less dense than Nitrogen
(mol wt. 18 vs 28); the two effects counteract each other to a certain degree.