RE: Statistics & spark length and Air Pressure

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

While the dielectric constant of air does vary somewhat with pressure, I
don't think this is pertinent to breakdown voltage vs. length.

Terry posted a graph of static gap breakdown voltage with correction
factors for air temperature and pressure.  Temperature had only a minor
effect, but pressure was significant.
See http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/SGapVolt.jpg

Consider how important low pressure is in plasma globes.

Gary Lau
MA, USA

 >Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" ><dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>