Re: Need a variable-speed 2hp or greater AC motor for serious gap drive

Original poster: "Jerry Chamkis by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jchamkis-at-bga-dot-com>

The Atmel 8 bit RISC u-processor family (Mouser or DigiKey) have a pair of 10
bit PWM and another pair of 8 bit PWM, very easy to program (flash and
EEPROM) and a $79 complete development system.  Ferinstance, the AT90S8535
has the 4 PWM channels, 8 channels of rock-solid 10 bit A-D, serial comm,
in-system programming, 4 K of code flash, 512 bytes of RAM, 512 bytes of
EEPROM, etc.- for about $7.  I use it for just about everything these days.
(I don't work for Atmel or anything like that).

Jerry

--
Jerry Chamkis
jchamkis-at-bga-dot-com