Primary Isolation

Original poster: "WIZZARD . by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <pbobyk-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I have used six 1/2" painted particle board standoffs to hold up the
primary instead of plexiglass etc. Could I achieve better performance of my
coil by changing the particle board to say ABS pipe?
I have seen pictures of very elaborate primary standoffs and I am wondering
if this is for HV isolation reasons or RF loss.

Peter
Northern Ontario, Canada

_