power upgrade related question

Original poster: "Christoph Bohr by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <cb-at-luebke-lands.de>

Hello fellow coilers!

I am going to upgrade my 5" maggie from 30nF to 60 or 90 nF primary
capacitance in order to take advance of the higher current my new 6MOT
supply can deliver.
But with higher power levels I expect new problems to come up. As I don't
want to blow up anything ( espacially myself ;-) I have some questions:

1.: How bad will it be if a streamer hits the transmission line from the
tranny to the coil? Will a properly set safety gap give sufficient protection?

2.: How bad is a hit to the secondary to resonator connection? Will this or
the above endanger my caps? ( I have safety gaps on the caps, too. )

3.: the estimated primary turns will be around 4 turns instead of the
currently used 7 turns. Is this bad in reference to power transfer? Should
I add top capacitance in order to use more primary turns for a better power
througput?

4.: with the currently used 30nF/35KV maxwell caps everything seems to work
pretty stable and safe. If I move to 90nF,  will this increase the voltage
seen by the caps during oscillations so that 35KV will become insufficient
with my 12KV RMS supply?

any suggestions are welcome.

sincerely

Christoph Bohr