RE: capacitors and equalizing resistors

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

I disagree.  Resistors are almost always used as passive equalization
devices when large storage capacitors
are wired in series.  If not, unequal voltages can develop across these
capacitors (typically electrolytic, and tantalum
super-capacitors) and ultimately destroy them.  For pulse-conditions you are
correct, but for DC operation, resistors are
used for both voltage equalization across series capacitors and as bleeder
resistors.

Dan