Re: How to build a Tesla Tower and free energy

Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <davep-at-quik-dot-com>

>DC high voltage transmission lines that use the "ground" as a return path
>can have some "interesting" effects along parallel railroad tracks and
>fences as well.

         My impression (one professional tour of a 'receive'
         (inverter) station) is that they (normally)
         operate 'balanced', tho set up for brief
         periods of 'grounded' operation to allow for
         fault condition ride thru.  They usually have a
         'neutral' line wire provided.

>I think those that wish to find some new energy source should first visit
>a big power plant and rest there hands on the side of a big 300MW
>generator to get an idea of what "real" commercially viable power feels
>like!!  All I could think of is "I hope this thing does not let loose"
>;-))  I hear the best ones are where they use helium to cool the windings...

         Used to be hydrogen.
         Yes.  THAT hydrogen.  The internal wind resistance is
         reduced, the thermal characteristics turn out to be nice,
         AND, since the Whole Housing is 'full', and overpressure,
         AND monitored for leakage (pressure drop), minimal
         fire/explosion risk.
         May have switched to Helium...

>  You usually only need to call and ask about tours and not list a
> terrorist training camp as your home address...

         Alternately.
                 www.ieee-dot-org
         (In the US, analagous organizations worldwide).
         Navigate to a local section, which will have their
         own web page, with meetings.  (OK: 'local' may
         be a stretch in some cases...))

         They have regular 'meetings', open to all, which
         amount to plant tours.  Not ALL of them are fun things
         but keeping an eye on them can turn up some
         interesting ones.  Membership in IEEE (or whatever)
         generally NOT required.

>A big 375kV line

         +/-500KVDC...

>carrying 500 amps of three phase

         I ferget.

>24 hours a day makes the power of even "super" Tesla coils seem

>trivial...

         It was an IEEE Boston Section tour of the HVDC line

         inverter station...

--
         best
         dwp

...the net of a million lies...
         Vernor Vinge
         -me
...for he has read everything, and written nothing...
         A J Raffles