NST protection and grounding

Original poster: "Kurt Schraner by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <k.schraner-at-datacomm.ch>

Hi,

Elementary Q's, but I need help from you experts:

1.) How important is the grounded center tap of the safety gap, when using
a Terry type filter? Function of the center tap? (My SRSG has only a single
safety gap).

2.) What are the possible (-and probable-) consequences of a missed
grounding at the center tap of a HV center tapped NST?

3.) The old Q:
     Where should the NST be grounded: RF- or line-ground?
     Here my guess:
In order to protect the NST, it is better to connect to the line-ground,
because, by that way, the voltage difference between the line neutral
(connected to the primary)and HV-center tap is minimized. But, on the other
hand, in order to protect the line (-and what's connected to it), from
incoupling of ground strike noise, it is better to use the RF ground.

Or: I'm missing something?
Thanks for your help!

Kurt