K and tube coils, loss gain factors...

Original poster: "Jim Mora by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jmora-at-jetlink-dot-net>

Hello all,

I am wondering what is the "ideal" coupling coefficient for a 3 Vtube 833a
coil would be, pushing things a bit, and using low loss High insulation
factor  materials around the secondary. I have a 4" polystyrene coil form
which will be wound with triple insulated #28 AWG. to 22 inches, PE end caps
and topped with a Freau 6 x1.75" terminal top load (and whatever else is
needed added for additional tuning).

I plan to use the classic half wave MOV doubler initially but would also
like to experiment with a 4200v, 1.5a plate transformer in full wave, and
modulate the grid.

Classically, everyone seems to use PVC as the primary  (6 or 8"??) and move
the grid feedback up or down... this NAGS me somehow. Perhaps these would be
better serve on a separate coil forms, of less lossey material? And the
primary wire itself....I have thoughts of using small cu tubing with Teflon
tubing, wound on PE.(that be tricky)

I plan to use a .003 Sangamo, if it can handle the tank oscillation voltage.
It is rated at 12A at 400KC, but only 8KV peak working voltage. I would not
like to be near this big cap if it let go:)

Since I am new to the VTTC world (except a wimpy candle stick one I made a
long time ago that didn't spark doodley squat), your suggestions would be
honored and much appreciated..

Warm Regards,
Jim Mora
Ojai, Ca.