Re: Differential probe design - BANDWIDTH ? ? ?

Hi Dan,

At 02:57 PM 7/16/2003 -0400, you wrote:

>Terry,
>
>What kind of bandwidth are you getting with your differential probe
>design?  Did you simulate it at all?

It has never been built...  The ICs go to 150MHz.

>Also, not sure exactly what your schematic / design looks like, but you
>should probably try to put a lot of compensation
>networks (basically R/C branches etc...) into the design (even if you
>aren't using them right now) just in case you
>need to tweak the frequency response once its built (which is very
>common).

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/DiffProbe-5.gif

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/DiffProbe-5p.gif

Since we are trying for pretty high frequency, we can't add too many
"hooks" for compensation.  Just going to have to try it and see...

Cheers,

         Terry