Re: High Voltage but Low Current fuses...

Hi,

Apparently, there is a need for a "Tesla coiling fuse".  The mid-voltage
fuses and all are not right for "our stuff"...

The key is that we do not need to break a "sustained" 4000 amps or anything
like that.  A say 5 amp continuous AC current, 0.25 amp, 30,000 volt fast
blow fuse is what we need.  Not really hard to make, but none of the big
guys seem to make a high voltage fuse that is designed to work with
"little" currents...

We make take a 4000 amp "hit" from a big impulse cap, but then the current
falls to like 100mA in our case...

I think I got a new project ;-))

Cheers,

         Terry