Re: Teflon as RSG-disk material

Hi Christoph,

Unless it was very thick (~1/2 inch) I would think that it would be too
soft.  Might "wonder" when rotated.  Also, Teflon cold flows pretty bad so
it may warp.

I am personally not "sure" though.  I have a 8" x 1/4 scrap disk here I am
looking at...  Just seems too soft to me...  3/8 is far
stiffer...  Probably need 1/2 inch thick...

A 12 x 12 x 0.5 inch chunk of teflon runs $103 here.  Same size in G-10 is
$50  but you would probably only need like a 6 x 6 x 3/8 sheet for a gap
and that is $18...  Might be worth finding G-10 unless you can get the
teflon at a reasonable price.

http://www.mcmaster-dot-com/
part number  8667K117

Cheers,