Re: Electronic gap-quenching?

Original poster: "K. C. Herrick by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kchdlh-at-juno-dot-com>

More on this...

Putting the primary damping-resistor circuit (of 1 ohm) into my larger
simulation of the Marx-like primary apparatus that I've mentioned before,
I find that the primary capacitors' voltage diminishes pretty much to
zero within the 1st 25 us or so.  Thus it would seem that ideally any
electronic gap-quenching (if it's possible in real life) ought to
commence about then.  That's with a period of oscillation of about 8 us,
for a secondary Fr of about 125 KHz, and total primary undamped
loop-resistance of ~100 m-ohms.

Essentially all the primary capacitors' energy gets dumped within that 25
us.  That's pretty speedy!  (It's no wonder that s.s.t.c.'s have a way to
catch up.)

Ken Herrick