From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Friday, July 04, 2003 7:43 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: 'true" spark length was Re: Desktop Bipolar Coil

Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>

I think the bps at which streamer growth starts depends very strongly on
the size of the coil. My reasoning is that it's a surface area to volume
ratio thing: A big volume of plasmafied air keeps its heat longer than a
small one.

I'll do some growth measurements this weekend and try and make a length vs.
bps graph or something.

P.S. I use the controlled spark method for all my measurements.

Steve C.