More MMC qustions

Original poster: "Mike Tucknott by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <michael.tucknott-at-virgin-dot-net>

Hi All

I helped to sort out a bulk buy a year or so ago in the UK of rolled poly caps
they were x-MOD spec 1.6Kv -at- 0.068 uF. so far I pushed these baby well
over the limit with no ill effects, one MMC board with 4 strings of 16 caps
and powered by a 15KVa pole pig with a variable speed rotary gap even with
long runs 5 to 6 minits at a time they do not get hot and so far none have
failed in service.

One thing I hope someone on the list could tell me is what is DV/DT rating
and how does this effect cap performance if any...

Since this is not an exact science you should try the caps and see what
happens and report back any finding that you make...

That way we all learn more...

Cheers Mike Tucknott (abusing caps in the UK)