Re: MMC cap bank

Original poster: "jimmy hynes by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <chunkyboy86-at-yahoo-dot-com>

 > Second, keep the BPS rate LOW.  Capacitor current is
 > directionally
 > proportional to BPS.  3000 BPS has 10X the current
 > of 300 BPS and 100X the
 > cap heating!!!

Hi Terry,

I "think" the heating should only be 10x as much. If
it were 100x then each burst would have to waste 10x
the power, and I don't see how that is possible. The
average current will be 10x as much, but the RMS will
only be SQRT10x as much because the duty cycle is
greater. Check me on this because it's getting late
for me ;-)).

=====
Jimmy