RE: 'true" spark length was Re: Desktop Bipolar Coil

Original poster: "boris petkovic by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <petkovic7-at-yahoo-dot-com>

 > there is also a breakrate dependency due to hot air
 > channel latency.
 > I have done such expts and that is exactly what I
 > found. In the case
 > of one coil, changing the breakrate from less than
 > 1BPS to somewhere
 > around 2 - 3 BPS nearly doubled the coil's reach to
 > a grounded rod.
---
I guess cumulative charge debris effects in 2 BPS
range are more probable for prolonging subsequent
sparks than hot air channel latency.
---

 > That particular case had a rather low L/C ratio in
 > the secondary
 > system or, to put it another way, a rather low
 > output voltage/energy
 > storage ratio in the secondary. I dare say the
 > result was also
 > dependent to a degree on the humidity content of the
 > air at the time
---
Well again,humidity is known to have noticable
influence to free atmospheric charge in air phenomena.

regards,
Boris