Re: terry filter oh no!

Hi Josh,

I just got the filter and high voltage tested it.  What is happening is
that there are a number of sharp points in the cap soldering and
wiring.  At a certain voltage, these sharp points arc over and short out
some caps and allow others to see the remaining high voltages all by
themselves.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/Josh-01.jpg

The fix should be as simple as just trimming and smoothing off the sharp
edges and maybe bending the leads so the arc path is further.  Just a
little trimming will easily push the arc path high enough that the problem
goes away.

The caps and all test fine.  They self healed just like they should
(despite the blown off plastic covers).  I'll get it shipped back to you
tomorrow.  Glad it was nothing bad :-)

What is your address to send it back too?  I seem to have lost the box 0:-)

Cheers,

         Terry