RF chokes and other Q spoilers

Original poster: "Resonance Research Corp. by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>

Insert a 500 to 1000 Ohm 50 watt resistor in series with any choke that you
use.  This "spoils the Q factor" of the circuit and reduces any oscillation
energy near your transformer.  Also, off each NST bushing use 3-4 .001, 10
kV caps in series connected to ground.  This allows a low impedance path to
any remaining RF currents before they can enter the xmfr windings.

Terry Fritz has designed an excellent filter which is available in the
archives section.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/NSTFilt.jpg

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corp.