Re: My first ARSG, or a Dangerous Design?

Original poster: "Harold Weiss by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi All,

On the subject of setscrews, Pic Design makes the " Silver Grip" setscrew.
It is a setscrew with a swageable silver pellet on the tip.

Precision Industrial Components Corp.
P.O. Box 1004
Benson Road
Middlebury, CT 06762
1-800-243-6125
203-758-8272

As a former military helicopter mechanic, I am probably best able to answer
this.  On rotors, wether bladed or round, bolt heads are always placed in
the direction of rotation, or in the direction of flight.  This prevents
loss if nut loosens and is lost.  The bolt will stay in it's hole, and
continue to hold things together.  The same should be true if the setscrew
is placed in the plane of rotation so that it preceeds the rotor element
that it is holding.

David E Weiss