RE: Where can you get nylon bolts?

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

You may want to think about whether you really need to use nylon.  There is
no reason not to use common steel 1/4" bolts.  The presence of such small
bits of metal won't cause any perceptible losses.

In a perfect world I would choose to use Lexan for end caps, but 1/2" thick
Lexan is not available to everyone.  If not, there's no reason not to use
1/2" pine.  Electrically, Plexiglass is fine, but it's very difficult to
work with without cracking.

I've used pine end caps with steel bolts.  I counter bore the inside so the
hex head is flush with the wood surface, and then epoxy a generous piece of
Plexiglass or Lexan over the head for insulation, though I'm not sure how
important this is.  And, I tie each end of the secondary winding to their
respective bolts.  This simplifies the connections to the top load and base.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA