Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 12:33:44 -0800 (PST)
From: Robert Kluesener <rdk7706-at-yahoo-dot-com>
To: chip-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: questions about coil design

Hello,

My name is Robert Kluesener.  I work for the Naval
Research Lab in Washington DC and my section is
thinking about developing a Tesla coil for use in some
of our experiments.  The coil we would like to build
would be triggerable using TTL logic and have jitter
of less than 10 ns.  The desired output voltage is
about 500 kV with a current in the secondary to be as
close to or less than 1 microamp.  I would greatly
appreciate it if you or anyone you know had any ideas
about actually implementing this coil, especially
creating a coil that is triggerable with jitter less
than 10 ns.  Please email me if you have any
suggestions, ideas, or comments.  Thank you very much
for any assistance you may be able to provide.

Sincerely,
Robert Kluesener
  rdk7706-at-yahoo-dot-com